Sunday 19 June 2016

5 Days in Thailand


Hi guys! We are back and this time around we are taking a new approach! We wanted to expand our blog and not only share our sense of fashion with you guys but also our escapades. Since we both traveled to Asia this summer (unfortunately not together), we thought why not blog about our individual trips? 

So here we go!



Miranda: 
I know we haven't blogged for quite a while and we apologize, but we are now back and bringing new content and exciting travel adventures! I haven't travelled back to Asia since I was two so this is kind of like going there for the first time. In the three weeks that I was there I visited two countries, Thailand & Vietnam. 
I finally got to go back to Vietnam, which is where my parent's originated from and I was able to experience the place that I am also from. It was an amazing trip which truly opened my eyes to a whole new culture in which I have not experienced before. 

Thailand 


Day 1


My first stop was Thailand, a fascinating and mind-blowing country, with amazing infrastructure, shopping, culture, and very interesting experiences (which will be blogged about in the later posts J).
While in Thailand, my family and I booked a tour bus that toured us around Thailand for a week. The tour guide was super funny and was nicknamed, “Apple”. Although the tour guide was hilarious, I would not recommend going on a tour bus because you are very limited to all the other amazing places that you want to go to. Also, the last three days we just went shopping (they need to advertise these certain brands and malls).

I was surprised to find out that Thailand is mainly influenced by the ways of Buddhism. My parents are Buddhist and I always wanted to learn more about it and I was able to practice and witness this fascinating religion being practiced while being in Thailand.

Here are some pictures before visiting The Grand Palace: 
Took a boat to see around Thailand


Water vendors come to your boat to sell you fruit and souvenirs



Market we went through before going to The Grand Palace


The Grand Palace & Wat Phra Kaew, Bangkok


The Grand Palace is where the Thailand’s kings used to reside, this complex includes halls, government buildings, and the famous Buddhist temple called Wat Phra Kaew, also known as the Temple of the Emerald Buddha. 

The Grand Palace



This was a very beautiful place to be able to get a chance to visit. The towering and detailed exterior of the buildings will make you stand there in awe. I actually did not get a chance to explore the entire Grand Palace because were given a limited amount of time. I was only able to see the exterior of the Chakri Maha Prasat hall and its architecture was very interesting as it consisted of a mix of a western and Thai style. 

Advice: Go early in the morning because there will be a little less people and the heat will be somewhat bearable compared to when I went in the afternoon.

Wat Phra Kaew 



Dress Code: 
No shorts / skirts 
No tank tops

Basically, you are not allowed to show legs or shoulders in the Buddhist temple. So I advise you to bring a change of clothes or there are sarongs that are sold outside of the Buddhist temple that you can buy. 

The Wat Phra Kaew was stunning with its numerous tall, gold, and jewelled Buddhist structures. I went into one of the temples and it was truly heavenly, I was not going to go in because you have to take off your shoes but I am very glad I did. Unfortunately, I do not have a picture for you guys because pictures were not allowed.






Pattaya Floating Market




The Pattaya Floating Market was very pretty and was like no other market I have seen before where the entire market is built above water (which is already a given due to its name “floating” market). The market is divided into the four regions of Thailand which are Central, Northern, North Eastern, and Southern. There are various stores and water vendors floating around in their boats within the market that sell food, souvenirs, clothing, and art. Also, there are cultural performances to entertain visitors. This attraction may be pricey but it was well worth going and getting the chance to experience the scenery and the different cultures of Thailand.  




Thank you for reading our blog! Stay tuned for the next post from Elaine and her trip.
If you have any questions or would like to input anything, email us @bow.n.arrowduo@gmail.com. Follow us on Instagram @elaineyongg and @mirandatrann or our joined account @bow.n.arroww


No comments:

Post a Comment